Board of Directors Scholarship: MO-KAN-NE
These Board of Directors scholarships are sponsored by the MO-KAN-NE Board of Directors. Students are nominated by TRIO professionals in their respective chapter and the state chapter scholarship committee evaluates applications and selects the recipients. The number of Board Scholarships varies each year, depending on financial resources. Board Scholarships are non-renewable.
in 2018, twelve (12) $1,000 Board of Directors scholarships are available from MO-KAN-NE; four (4) per state with two (2) designated for college students and two (2) designated for pre-college students. The criterion to be considered by the Chapter Scholarship Committee is below.
The student applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant holds first-generation, low-income, or disabled TRIO student status;
- is enrolled, or anticipated enrollment for current high school seniors, in a two-year or four-year post secondary institution for the next academic year;
- has cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale; and
- can demonstrate involvement in co-curricular or community activities.
- The applicant must submit a completed student application with transcripts, an essay, and nominator’s reference.
- The applicant must participate in a TRIO/EOP program within the MKN region.
- The nominator must be a MKN/EOA member as of the March 16 scholarship deadline.
*Please contact Tameka Herrion, MO-KAN-NE scholarship committee chair at 314-880-4960 or email@example.com.
Recipients will be announced at the 2018 40th Annual MKN Professional Conference. Official notifications will be e-mailed to award recipients and their nominators in the following week.