Rising TRIO Achiever Scholarship: MO-KAN-NE
MKN TRIO alums who are enrolled in or who anticipate being enrolled in at least six graduate credit hours the following fall semester are invited to compete for The Rising TRIO Achiever Scholarship of $500 for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Scholarship Application Directions
To be considered, the Rising TRIO Achiever Scholarship application must include:
1. Scholarship Application including nomination questionnaire and student essay.
2. Complete academic transcripts with cumulative GPA
3. Class schedule – for those currently enrolled
- The applicant must be enrolled in or anticipate being enrolled in at least six graduate credit hours for the following fall semester.
- The nominator must be a current MKN/EOA member.
- Prior to receipt of the award, the scholarship recipient must provide the MKN Scholarship Committee chair with verification of actual enrollment in a postsecondary institution for the following fall. The student will not receive the award money until verification of attendance is received.
Please note that applications which are incomplete will not be reviewed.
The deadline date for submission of completed applications is March 16, 2018.
- Prior participation in a TRIO program;
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Enrolled in or anticipate being enrolled in at least six graduate credit hours for the following fall semester;
- Student essay; and
- Letter of recommendation for the scholarship applicant by a TRIO professional who is a current member of MKN/EOA.
- The Rising TRIO Achiever Scholarship recipient will be announced at the annual MKN Spring Conference.
Questions? Contact Tameka Herrion, MO-KAN-NE Scholarship Committee Chair, at (314) 880-4960 or email@example.com.