Midwest Cyber Center Scholarship
Midwest Cyber Center offers scholarships to fund industry specific certifications to under and unemployed individuals, to transitioning veterans, and to graduating college students from either a two-year, four-year, or post-graduation program.
The scholarship program covers 100% of the tuition and exam fee for 40 hour intensive boot-camp style program with our training partners. Midwest Cyber Center also connects graduates with paid cooperative employment opportunities which can lead to full-time employment.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING GROUPS:
- Be planning a career in IT cybersecurity
- Be able to complete in-person boot camp cybersecurity course
- Be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be proficient in English
- Live in St. Louis City, St. Louis, Jefferson or St. Charles counties in Missouri, or Jersey, Madison, Monroe or St. Clair counties in Illinois
- Be able to pass a background check
- Be willing to share a success story
• Transitioning Veteran: At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles, +/- 90 days of transition with IT background – Submit DD Form 214
• Graduating College Student: +/- 90 days of graduation, no post-grad employment identified, and pursued IT degree – Completed at least 60 semester credits of study or 90 quarter credits.
• Unemployed Referral: Referral from Case Manager and IT background
Basic Technical Competency – Applicants must have one or more of the following:
• At least two years of experience in IT administration (with a security focus)
• Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+)
• Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LFCS, LFCE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
Finalists will be required to complete a telephone interview with the Midwest Cyber Center staff. If awarded a scholarship, recipient will be required to consent to a background check and sign a scholarship contract agreeing to complete the boot camp and share your story.
For more information, visit Midwest Cyber Center’s website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.