Marjorie E. Chapman Memorial Need-Based Scholarship
The Marjorie E. Chapman Memorial Need-Based Scholarship supports dependent children of employees of Barry-Wehmiller companies. The renewable awards range from $1,000 to $8,000 based on demonstration of unmet financial need at the two or four year nonprofit college, university or trade school the student attends in the United States or Canada.
- be a dependent of a current employee of Barry-Wehmiller Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
- submit fully completed application, including contact information for a letter of recommendation, and all required supporting documentation by April 15 deadline: transcript, FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR), financial aid award letter
- demonstrate unmet financial need
- enroll full time as an undergraduate at a nonprofit college, university, or trade school in the United States or Canada.
High school seniors and current college students are encouraged to apply. Applicants may apply for both the Marjorie E. Chapman Memorial Need-Based Scholarship and the Marjorie E. Chapman Memorial “Everybody Matters” Essay Scholarship but may not receive both.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of:
- past academic performance and potential for continued success,
- demonstration of unmet financial need at the undergraduate level, and
- the strength of the Personal Statement and recommendation from an instructor, counselor, advisor, or supervisor.
Selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount, ranging from $1,000 to $8,000, will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the school, the applicant’s family, and the post secondary institution. Scholarships will be used to meet unmet need or to reduce or replace loans or campus work.
The only financial information that will be released to the sponsoring organization will be the award amount.
Please note that because the award amounts are based on financial need that can change from year to year, and available funding, the amount of this scholarship award may change if a recipient applies for renewal awards in years to come.
Each applicant will be notified online in Scholarship Central of his or her status in the competition by early June. Recipients will receive a letter about their award. Scholarship checks will be mailed in early August to the post-secondary institution the student attends with a cover letter that describes the terms of the award.
Renewal: Recipients will be considered for up to four years of total funding if annual renewal applications with required supporting documentation are received on a timely basis. Renewal applications must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward a degree and continued financial need.
The Marjorie E. Chapman Memorial Need-Based Scholarship Program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation. Eligibility, financial need, award recipients and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tameka Herrion, Scholarship Manager, at St. Louis Community Foundation at 314.880.4960.
This scholarship opportunity, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
DON’T FORGET: CLICK ON THE SIGN UP BUTTON TO CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND COMPLETE THE GENERAL APPLICATION SO THAT YOU CAN APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!