Norbert Siegfried Scholarship for Sons & Daughters of Mercy Hospital South Co-workers
The Norbert Siegfried Scholarship for Sons & Daughters of Mercy Hospital South Co-workers is open to dependent children of Mercy Hospital South (formerly St. Anthony’s Medical Center) full time and regular part time staff (who have been employed at least one year) who demonstrate financial need as full time undergraduate students at a regionally accredited four year Missouri college or university, any of Southern Illinois University’s campuses, or the University of Illinois-Urbana. Co-workers of Mercy Hospital South are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Up to $150,000 is available for new recipients of the Norbert Siegfried Scholarship for Sons & Daughters of Mercy Hospital South through the generosity of the Boniface Foundation.
- dependent child of a Mercy Hospital South full time and regular part time staff (who have been employed at least one year). Mercy coworkers working in a job role in one of the following Process levels are considered a Mercy South coworker: 15440, 15660 and 15669. For questions about eligibility, please contact Mercy Hospital South Human Resources, 314-525-1013.
- cumulative 3.0 grade point average (on a four point scale)
- plan to enroll at an accredited four year Missouri college or university, the University of Illinois or Southern Illinois University
- High School seniors and current college students are encouraged to apply if they meet the three criteria above
- Employees of the Mercy Hospital South are *not *eligible to apply
RENEWAL: Recipients may reapply for scholarship consideration for a maximum of four years of funding provided the recipient makes satisfactory progress toward a degree, demonstrates financial need, their parent maintains employment eligibility at Mercy Hospital South, and they submit the complete St. Louis Community Foundation Renewal Application by the deadline.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of
- past academic performance and potential for continued success,
- demonstration of unmet financial need at the undergraduate level, and
- the strength of the essay and recommendations.
Selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount, ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the school, the applicant’s family and the post secondary institution. Scholarships will be used to meet unmet need or to reduce or replace loans or campus work.
The only financial information that will be released to the sponsoring organization will be the award amount.
Please note that because the award amounts are based on financial need that can change from year to year, and available funding, the amount of this scholarship award may change if a recipient applies for renewal awards in years to come.
Each applicant will be notified online in Scholarship Central of his or her status in the competition by early June. Recipients will receive a letter about their award.
The Boniface Foundation Scholarship Program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation. Eligibility, financial need, award recipients and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or Tameka Herrion, Scholarship Manager, at St. Louis Community Foundation at 314.880.4960.
The Norbert Siegfried Scholarship for Sons & Daughters of Mercy Hospital South program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.