Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship
The Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship program is designed to encourage district students to accomplish their post-high school educational goals. Students with good behavior and academic standing may apply for scholarships ranging from $250 to $1,000. These scholarships may be used at two-year and four-year colleges, universities and nonprofit technical schools.
Ferguson-Florissant School District scholarships will be awarded to:
• Seniors currently enrolled at McCluer South-Berkeley High School, McCluer High School or McCluer North High School who completed their junior year at one of the district high schools.
• Academically qualified applicants who have achieved a weighted, cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
• Applicants who have achieved a record of good behavior
Evaluation and Selection:
Applications will be evaluated based on information provided by the student on the application and the high school transcript based on the following rubric:
• Essay—Well-crafted 200 – 300 word essay that includes your educational plans and career goals—20 points
• Academics—ACT/SAT Score and GPA (weighted)—20 points
• Activities—Participation and/or leadership in school, community groups, and employment—10 points
Generous donors have made the following scholarships available. Individual scholarships may have additional selection criteria, such as attendance area, area of academic interest, or participation in a specific district program. Questions in the application will determine your eligibility for individual awards.
• Ernest Lester/Duchesne School Scholarship
• Art Bauer/Parker Road Scholarship
• H. Roger Bredenkamp/McCluer Alumni Club
• Orville Chandler/Wedgwood School Scholarship
• Jim Weaver/Parker Road School Scholarship
• Ferguson Station Business Association Scholarship
• Michael J. Lawless Scholarship
• Chuck Foulke Memorial Scholarship
• Dorothy Cunningham Memorial Scholarship
• DeSmet School Scholarship
• Steve Maxwell Memorial Scholarship
• Phyllis Russell/Commons Lane Scholarship
• Linda Cox Memorial Scholarship
• Dr. Charles May Scholarship
• The Johnny Londoff Chevrolet Scholarships
• Dan Embry Memorial Scholarship
• Samantha Lipka Memorial Scholarship
• Shirley King Memorial Scholarship
• David Stanley Cartwright Memorial Scholarship
• Jason Dubis Memorial Scholarship
• Dr. Robert Fritz Scholarship
• Barbara V. Davis Scholarship
• Merlin A. Ludwig/McCluer Alumni Club Scholarship
• Anna Mae Brown Scholarship
• Krystal Whitley Memorial Scholarship
• Beverly Hopkins Memorial Scholarship
• James Lawrence Memorial Scholarship
• Georgia Shaw Memorial Scholarship
• Ferguson-Florissant Local Scholarships
The Mary and Ike Eichenberger Music Scholarship for McCluer North High School students requires a separate application, which may be accessed through Scholarship Central.
The Nurses for Ferguson Scholarship requires a separate application that can be accessed through Scholarship Central.
For information, contact these counselors:
- McCluer South-Berkeley High School: Chiquita Stuckey 314-506-9819
- McCluer High School: Allison Bender 314-506-9429
- McCluer North High School: Jenny Speak 314-506-9227
Applicants will be notified of award status in mid-April and should check the email address they used to create their Scholarship Central account. Recipients will be honored at their school’s recognition assembly. Award checks will be mailed to the college or university in early August pending confirmation of final school choice and student ID number.
The Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.