Healthcare Industry Training & Education (HITE)
The Missouri Healthcare Industry Training and Education (HITE) program provides eligible low-income individuals the opportunity to receive training for a career in the healthcare industry.
If you qualify, you may receive transportation assistance and training supplies. After successfully completing training, you can receive help with finding a position in the healthcare industry.
You can apply for HITE if you live in one of the following areas and meet the qualifications listed below:
- St. Louis Workforce Development Board Region including St. Louis City and St. Louis County
- Kansas City Workforce Development Board Region including Jackson, Clay, Platte, Ray, and Cass counties
- Central Workforce Development Board Region including Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Howard, Laclede, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski, and Washington counties
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the U.S.
- Registered with selective service as required
- High school (HS) diploma or equivalent or be continuously enrolled in a program leading to HS diploma or GED
Funding is available for the following career paths:
- Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Nurse
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
- Nursing Assistants
- Medical Assistants
- Home Health Aides
- Personal Care Aide
- Medical Lab Technician
- Surgical Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Health Technologist/Technician
- Medical Records and Health Info. Techs
- Patient Service Reps and Medical Secretary
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
You can call one of the following based on your location to find out information on how to apply.
St. Louis – 314-589-8000
Kansas City – 816-471-2330
CWIB – 573-578-6629