Missouri Department of The American Legion - William Basey Memorial Scholarship
A minimum of one $500.00 Scholarship will be awarded annually to an eligible student who is planning
to attend a vocational college, technical college, community college or university. The Scholarship
Committee of The Sons of the American Legion, Detachment of Missouri will determine the recipient of
Basis for eligibility:
REGION: Missouri – Statewide. Includes all counties: Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley Saint Charles Saint Clair Saint Francois Saint Louis City Saint Louis County Sainte Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright
1. Applicant must be a current member of The Sons of The American Legion or American Legion Junior
2. Applicant must be accepted as a full-time student in an accredited vocational college, technical
college, community college. A letter from the institution must be attached to application.
3. Applicant must be a resident of the state of Missouri.
4. The scholarship must be used the following semester after it is awarded.
5. Applicant must attach a copy of current academic records.
6. Applicant must provide an essay stating what being a member of The American Legion family means
7. Any applicant who receives this scholarship may not receive this scholarship more than one time.