- Up to $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Parent 1 address (if different than yours). Include home number & street, city, state and zip code
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 email
- List community service and volunteer activities.
- 1. Organization
- 2. Activity/Service
- 3. Dates
- List high school activities (sports, clubs, offices, etc.).
- 1. Activity
- 2. Describe involvement (position, office, award, letter, recognition)
- 3. Years
- 1. Employer
- 2. Address
- 3. Position
- 4. Frequency (ie. hours/week)
- 5. Dates (start date/end date)
- How does furthering your education fit into your long-term career/life plans?
- Please describe the particular challenges or difficult circumstances that you have faced in your life and how you have overcome these challenges.
- List any awards and recognitions, and/or describe some of your successes and achievements.
- Climate change has been one of the more visible National and International issues over the past decade. An overwhelming body of scientific evidence paints a clear picture: climate change is happening, it is caused in large part by human activity, and it will have many serious and potentially damaging effects in the decades ahead. Changes resulting from global warming may include rising sea levels due to the melting of the polar ice caps, as well as an increase in occurrence and severity of storms and other severe weather events.
In a paper, 800 to 1200 words, please:
A. Explain why it is important to take climate change seriously.
B. Research what is going on in the United States with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) policies, Department of Transportation (DOT) Policies, International Agreements and comment on the impact that these actions could have on climate change.
C. In concluding identify things that you can do in your community to help in reducing the impact of climate change. (Citation from two periodicals as sources is required).
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: If you filled out the recommendation question on your General Application, please select it from the drop down below. If you did NOT complete the recommendation on your General Application, enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- Applicant Signature: I hereby affirm that all the above stated information provided by me is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I also consent that my picture may be taken and used for any purpose deemed necessary to promote Nu Chi Chapter/Nu Chi Foundation Scholarship Program. I hereby understand that if chosen as a scholarship winner, I must provide evidence of enrollment/registration at an accredited, post-secondary institution no later than October 15, 2020 before my scholarship funds can be awarded.
- Show 7 more