- Supplemental Questions
- This application is only for students who previously received the Dr. Lillian Adams Parks Scholarship. Have you received this scholarship in the past?
- TRANSCRIPT: Upload your college transcript (including grades through fall 2020)
- Please share the highlights of your past academic year. How did the Dr. Lillian Adams Park Scholarship help you?
- Write an essay (not more than 400 words) on *ONE* of the following topics. Beware of plagiarism.
1. In January 2021, President Joe Biden appointed 16 people to serve in his Cabinet. If you were to select a position in the President's Cabinet what position would it be and why? Please provide three specific points to support your position selection.
2. Jason Reynolds, National Ambassador for Young People's Literature and best selling author of GHOST (2016) and the New York Times best-selling Track series (2016-2019), talked with high school students about how they were coping with COVID19 as well as with the insurrection at the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021. Comments during the conversation included "It's sad and exhausting"; "It's okay to be okay"; "Give yourself grace"; "Continue to talk". What does either comment mean to you? What are your positive and/or negative take-aways from the pandemic and insurrection experiences?
3. The St. Louis region has a rich heritage of producing notable African American athletes, musicians/artists, business women/men, and community leaders. Select one of the following individuals and detail the extraordinary achievements they contributed to the world. Upon learning of these accomplishments, what impact do they have on you as an emerging leader?
Margaret Bush Wilson
4.What motivated your decision to pursue higher education, the university and what inspired your major area of study?
- By typing my full name below, I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the information contained in this application is true, complete and accurate. I understand that any alteration, concealment or falsification of any information or material will result in my disqualification as a recipient or potential recipient of the Dr. Lillian Adams Parks Scholarship. I understand it is my responsibility to make sure that the application is completed and submitted by the required deadline. If not, my application may be disqualified from the awards competition and may not be considered for an award. This application, upon receipt, becomes the property of The Gateway (IL) Chapter of Links, Incorporated. To comply with the provisions of the Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974, I hereby grant permission for school officials to release my school records and other requested information, if necessary.