OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates Youth Leadership Award
OCA St. Louis established the Youth Leadership Award to recognize and reward deserving Asian Pacific American high school juniors and seniors who demonstrate leadership and service within their school and community.
*Award recipients will be required to attend OCA-St. Louis Chapter’s Gala to receive the award. Scholarship recipients will be invited to a virtual celebration in early December.
- Be an Asian Pacific American high school senior.
- Be a Missouri resident.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Questions about the scholarship application process? Contact info@oca‐stl.org
To learn more about OCA-St. Louis, please visit their website: oca-stl.org
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is for students who are Asian Pacific Americans. Does this describe you?
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or a legal permanent resident?
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Full Name
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Full Name
- List Honors/Awards/Recognition you have received.
- List your extracurricular activities and community service.
- Dates of participation
- ESSAY: Violent crimes against AAPI persons and property, increased dramatically during the last two pandemic years, but they are not new, and despite how it appears, they are not random. Ethnocentric attacks are tied to the geopolitical climate of the times. Discuss the challenges and opportunities this presents for America and the aspirations of your generation. Are there understandings embedded within us through the AAPI experience that can nurture inclusive communities through a lens of economic security, social well-being, and/or political competency. We highly encourage personal stories.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 5 more