- Varying awards $500-$1,500
- Supplemental Questions
- Select the scholarships you are applying for:
- Provide your unweighted GPA as reported on your 7th semester transcript.
- If you are applying to a scholarship that requires a list of awards, honors, accomplishments, and high school community involvement: Upload your one-page list here. A one-page resume is also acceptable.
- Lisa Heisserer Scholarship (PSO) ESSAY: In 250 words or fewer, tell us about a challenging time in your life. How did you overcome this? How did this change your life?
- PSO Scholarship ESSAY: Submit a 400-750 word essay on why you feel you deserve this scholarship, how you have contributed and been of service to RSHS and/or your community, and describe your vision for your future.
- Tom Hensley Scholarship ESSAY: Submit a 400-750 word essay on why you feel you deserve this scholarship. Compare your high school experience and accomplishments to Mr. Hensley’s description of a “Falcon who soars” as described below.
Learners – They seek continual growth, working for success in the classroom while realizing that learning occurs everywhere.
Honest – They are true to themselves and truthful with others.
Cooperative – They model good citizenship and are involved in school events, working effectively with all members of the school community.
Givers – They count their blessings and honor their good fortune through service to others.
Patriots – They love their country and value the privileges and responsibilities of freedom.
Responsible – They attend faithfully, arrive punctually, and meet or exceed what is expected of them.
Civil – Their actions honor diversity and work toward building a cooperative world community.
- Band Parent Organization Scholarship ESSAY: Submit a 400-600 word essay describing your contributions to the band program, the skills you have learned as a member of the program and how those skills will serve you in the future.
- Ryan Hummert Memorial Scholarship ESSAY: Please provide examples demonstrating the traits and characteristics you possess that will exemplify Ryan Hummert as a person and a professional. Why do you feel you deserve this scholarship? Please describe your education goals and how this scholarship will help you achieve these goals. No more than 750 words.
- Gary Thurm Memorial Scholarship ESSAY: How did you become interested in this field of study? How do you plan to continue using these skills after completion of this program? 500 words or fewer.
- Leann Falcetti-Sevcik Memorial Scholarship ESSAY: Write a brief essay describing your background in foreign languages and how your life exhibits an appreciation of music and commitment to community service. Be sure to include your plans or goals to continue with these interests after high school.
- Corey Siebert Memorial Scholarship: Write a brief essay describing yourself (in accordance with the criteria described above) and your plans for the future.
- Michael Delatte Memorial Scholarship ESSAY: What challenging or compelling experience have you endured that makes you a unique candidate for this scholarship? AND from a financial standpoint, what impact would this scholarship have on your education?
- Dr. Clark and Dr. Stegmann Scholarship ESSAY: Why are you pursuing a career in the medical industry?
- Fenton Fire Community Outreach Scholarship ESSAY: Descrinbe your passion for the emergency service career field. 500 words or fewer.
- RSHS Alumni Association Scholarship ESSAY: The Rockwood Summit Alumni Association was founded to create a sense of community among the growing number of Rockwood Summit graduates. The organization works to build this engagement through various communications, events and fundraisers. Part of the mission for RSAA is to recognize the success of former graduates through the Alumni Hall of Fame but also to support current graduates through scholarships. If you are selected for this scholarship, what kinds of things would you like to see from the RSAA to build engagement from your graduating class? In what ways do you see yourself getting involved in alumni activities at Rockwood Summit? How do you see yourself giving back to the RSAA and the school? Please be specific in your response.
- Class of 2000 Scholarship ESSAY: How has your Rockwood Summit education contributed to who you are today? Are there any specific teachers that have influenced you and why? What do you see yourself doing after college graduation?
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION #1 (RSHS Staff Member): Enter the name and e-mail address of an RSHS staff member who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an e-mail sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process. Only submit contact information for recommenders who you have already spoken with and have agreed to write a letter.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION #2 (Community Member/Coach/Employer): Enter the name and e-mail address of someone from the community who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an e-mail sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process. Only submit contact information for recommenders who you have already spoken with and have agreed to write a letter.
- LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION #3: Enter the name and e-mail address of someone (coach, teacher, employer, etc.) who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an e-mail sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process. Only submit contact information for recommenders who you have already spoken with and have agreed to write a letter.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize Rockwood Summit High School and partner organizations to examine, verify and discuss the contents of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essay are my own work. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by Rockwood Summit High School and partner organization in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements.
- Show 15 more