K. Ann Dempsey Honors Scholarship
The K. Ann Dempsey Honors Scholarship Fund was established in May 1997 at the St. Louis Community Foundation by Dr. K. Ann Dempsey, who taught at St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley (SLCC-FV) for many years and served as Coordinator of the Honors Program. The K. Ann Dempsey Honors Scholarship opportunity is for SLCC-FV Honors eligible students.
Two scholarships will be awarded for the Fall 2023 semester: one at $750 and one at $500. The scholarship may be used in any way that helps a student attend St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley. The scholarships are one time awards.
Eligibility: To be eligible, a student must have completed one Honors course or contract with Honors credit and have earned a 3.5 or above cumulative grade point average at SLCC-FV.
Application Requirements: In order to apply, applicants will need to submit a one-page essay describing applicant’s educational goals and financial need and provide the email addresses of two SLCC-FV faculty members who will submit a recommendation on your behalf.
Selection: Recommendations for award recipients are based on Honors Committee evaluation of the applicant’s academic performance and the quality of essays and the content of the letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Distribution: Scholarship award checks will be sent to St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley Office of Financial Aid in early August for the benefit of the K. Ann Dempsey Honors Scholarship award recipients.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
The K. Ann Dempsey Scholarship Fund is a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability. Final decisions on eligibility, selection, and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation.
- K. Ann Dempsey
- $500 - $750
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you currently enrolled at St. Louis Community College-Florissant Valley?
- Have you completed at least one Honors course or contract with Honors credit?
- List the on-campus and community extracurricular activities in which you have participated or are currently participating:
- 1. Activity
- 2. Dates
- 3. Positions Held
- List work experience you have had, including dates:
- List volunteer activities in which you have participated.
- 1. Name
- 2. Date
- Write an essay describing your educational goals and financial need.
- SLCC-FV RECOMMENDATION #1 Enter the name and e-mail address of a SLCC-FV faculty member that is willing to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. It is your responsibility to inform the faculty member to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete the recommendation process.
- SLCC-FV RECOMMENDATION #2 Enter the name and e-mail address of a SLCC-FV faculty member that is willing to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. It is your responsibility to inform the faculty member to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete the recommendation process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 4 more