New Era Scholarship
The New Era Scholarship is a collaboration between The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis (SFSTL) and five organizations (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri, College Bound, KIPP St. Louis, St. Louis Internship Program, and Wyman’s Teen Leaders Program), whose participants are eligible to apply. This renewable scholarship of up to $12,000 annually may be used at an accredited, nonprofit two- or four-year college, university, or technical school located in the state of Missouri or a select number of institutions in Illinois.
Applicants must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have actively participated in high school in one of the following programs: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri, College Bound, KIPP St. Louis, St. Louis Internship Program, and Wyman’s Teen Leaders Program
- Be a permanent resident of one of the following counties: City of St. Louis and St. Louis County; Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren counties in Missouri; the Illinois counties of Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit 2-year, 4-year, or trade/technical college in Missouri. In addition, a small number of colleges in Illinois are also eligible. For a full list of schools, please contact The Scholarship Foundation.
- Have earned a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Demonstrate significant financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or similar need calculations. Students with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) over $15,000 must have significant and extenuating circumstances to be considered.
To apply, students must complete this scholarship application AND The Scholarship Foundation Interest-Free Loan Application in Scholarship Central by the deadline of April 150. To be considered for the New Era Scholarship, students must also meet all the qualifications of The Scholarship Foundation Interest-Free Loan. Students who are selected to receive the New Era Scholarship may be given an opportunity to accept or decline an interest-free loan or other grants through The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis.
For questions regarding this application, contact The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis at (314) 725-7990 or email@example.com.