- Supplemental Questions
- This application is only for students who previously received the Dr. Lillian Adams Parks Scholarship. Have you received this scholarship in the past?
- Please share the highlights of your past academic year. How did the Dr. Lillian Adams Park Scholarship help you?
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: Upload your OFFICIAL college transcript (including grades through fall 2022)
Write an essay (not more than 400 words) on *ONE* of the following topics. Beware of plagiarism.
1. Thinking of the present day social climate, if you had a chance to discuss a social issue at the United Nations, what social issue would you discuss and why?
2. Do you believe any actions taken by humans today will be enough to forestall the direct impacts of climate change or is it too little too late?
3. Since federal funding in education is usually tied to student performance on standardized tests, as the newly appointed Secretary of Education, what initiative(s) would you launch to test student achievement via standardized testing that would be fair and equitable across social, racial. and economic boundaries?
- By typing my full name below, I hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the information contained in this application is true, complete and accurate. I understand that any alteration, concealment or falsification of any information or material will result in my disqualification as a recipient or potential recipient of the Dr. Lillian Adams Parks Scholarship. I understand it is my responsibility to make sure that the application is completed and submitted by the required deadline. If not, my application may be disqualified from the awards competition and may not be considered for an award. This application, upon receipt, becomes the property of The Gateway (IL) Chapter of Links, Incorporated. To comply with the provisions of the Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974, I hereby grant permission for school officials to release my school records and other requested information, if necessary.