Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Scholarship
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE STL) will offer multiple merit and need based scholarships in 2022 worth $1,000 for each student. The scholarship recognizes a student’s academic achievements (3.0 GPA minimum on a 4 point scale) and is available to students from the Greater St. Louis region enrolled for post-secondary course work in the Fall of 2022. Students must submit a resume, 1 essay, unofficial or official transcript, and 1 letter of recommendation.
- Pursuing an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or graduate degree OR graduating high school senior
- Full-time or part-time enrollment during Fall 2022 semester
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or similar major
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Admitted or enrolled in an accredited college/university, institution of higher learning or trade/vocational school in the United States of America.
- Live in STL Metro area (MO Counties – Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis, St. Louis City, Warren, Washington; IL Counties – Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, St. Clair)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload Resume: Highlight leadership positions, extracurricular involvement, awards and honors, community service and volunteerism, and work experience.
- Upload a letter of acceptance from a college or university (high school seniors) or proof of enrollment (current college students).
- FINANCIAL AID AWARD LETTER: If you receive a financial aid award letter from your school before the application deadline, upload the document here.
- If you did not upload a Financial Aid Award Letter, What is the cost of tuition, books and other tuition-related expenses, for next school year?
- If you are applying for a financial need based scholarship, please answer the following questions.
- 1. As of today, are you, the student, married? (Answer yes if you are separated but not divorced.)
- 2. Do you, the student, have children who receive more than half of their support from you? If yes, how many?
- 3. What was your, the student’s (and spouse’s), adjusted gross income for last year?
- 4. How much did you, the student (and spouse), earn from working (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) last year?
- 5. How many people live in the student’s parents’ household?
- 6. If a dependent yourself, what was your parents’ adjusted gross income for last year?
- 7. If a dependent yourself, how much did your parents earned from working (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) last year?
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Full Name
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Mailing Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Cell Phone Number
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Home Phone Number
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 email
- ESSAY: In approximately 500-750 words, describe your career goals and aspirations. Why are you pursuing a degree or career in STEM? Has your background impacted your decision in pursuing this career? How do you plan to use your future STEM degree to give back to your community and impact society? Add in any additional information you feel will differentiate you from other applicants.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. and their agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and other information that apply to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements.
- Show 8 more