- $500 - $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your most recent OFFICIAL transcript.
- List your honors and extracurricular activities (including school, community church, etc).
- Work experience
- 1. Company/employer
- 2. Address
- 3. City, State and Zip Code
- 4. Phone number
- 5. Job title
- 6. Dates of employment
- STUDENT AID REPORT (SAR): Upload all pages of your 2022-2023 Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is the document resulting from the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are unable to file a FAFSA for any reason, please contact My Scholarship Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573)-303-8688 for guidance on information that may be submitted as a substitute.
- List the name and amount of scholarship/grants (exclude loans) you will receive for next school year:
ESSAY: Write a 500-600 word essay on ONE of the following topics:
1. The recent confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson once again placed a spotlight on diverse leadership and representation in institutions of power. Describe the role that access to education has in achieving the status and positions of Justice Jackson and how it might impact people of color.
2. Climate change is caused primarily by human activities like burning fossil fuels, deforestation, and farming livestock. Scientists warn that the likely rate of change and the earth’s temperature will be much faster over the next century than any climate shift in the past. If climate change continues to advance at an accelerated pace, what will be the consequences for people, and what could be done to mitigate damages to the earth?
- AKA-Gamma Omega RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, professor, teacher, counselor or other similarly qualified individual who is familiar with your academic work and will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- AKA-Gamma Omega SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of a supervisor, advisor or other similarly qualified individual who is familiar with your community service or campus/school involvement and will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- By entering my full name below, I authorize Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated - Gamma Omega Chapter and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I have read the instructions carefully and understand that the information contained in this application is confidential. I understand that failure to meet any or all of the stated requirements automatically disqualifies me as a candidate. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 4 more