Zonta Club of St. Louis Women's Another Chance Scholarship
The Women’s Another Chance Scholarship Program (WAC) provides scholarships to single mothers over the age of 24 who are committed to the pursuit of post-high school education and/or training. The scholarship provides financial aid for tuition, books, lab fees and other classroom supplies.
As important as the financial assistance is to each student, additional encouragement and support is provided by a mentor. Each scholarship recipient is assigned a volunteer mentor from the local Zonta Club. Mentors develop a supportive relationship with their students. They provide encouragement and advice while making sure each student is meeting the requirements associated with the scholarship. Mentors help students utilize the resources available from other Zonta Club members and the larger community.
If students have a special request or need, the mentors can bring the issue to the attention of the WAC Committee which, in turn, brings it to the attention of the Board for action. The program strives to be responsive to the changing and evolving needs of the WAC students.
The Women’s Another Chance Scholarship is provided by the Zonta Club of St. Louis. It is the major service project of the Club, which is an international service organization of executives in business and the professions, committed to improving the status of women.
- Must be 24 years of age or older
- Must be a female single parent and head of household
- Applicants must live in the Missouri counties of Franklin, Jefferson, St. Charles, St. Louis or the City of St. Louis and the Illinois counties of Madison, Monroe or St. Clair. Students must attend a school within a 50 mile radius of the city limits of St. Louis.
- Must demonstrate financial inability to attain further education/training without the Scholarship.
- Must be a legally single parent of at least one child; and must be the parent who has the sole responsibility for rearing the child or children.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must already be enrolled in an accredited, nonprofit post-high school program with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Finalists for this scholarship will be required to participate in an interview.
Click here for more information about this scholarship.
The scholarship is provided by the Zonta Club of St. Louis. Zonta is an international service organization of executives in business and the professions, committed to improving the status of women.
Questions? Contact Malaika Horne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zonta Club of St. Louis
- Up to $4,000 per year for 2 years
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is for women age 24 or older who are single parents. Does this describe you?
- What is your age as of April 1, 2023?
- If you have lived at your current address for less than 5 years, please provide your previous address.
- Work experience
- 1. Company/employer
- 2. Address
- 3. City, State and Zip Code
- 4. Phone number
- 5. Job title
- 6. Dates of employment
- Emergency contacts
- 1. Name
- 2. Phone number
- 3. Relationship to you
- Names and ages of your minor children
- 1. Child's Name
- 2. Child's Age
- 3. Child's Gender
- What will your child care arrangements be while you attend school?
- 1. Provider name
- 2. Hours needed/provided weekly
- Please upload your most recent OFFICIAL college transcript or proof of GED.
- What is your cumulative college GPA?
- Educational experience
- 1. School name
- 2. School address, city, state, ZIP
- 3. Hours completed/degree granted (if applicable)
- How did you learn about this scholarship opportunity?
- STUDENT AID REPORT (SAR): Upload all pages of your 2023-2024 Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is the document resulting from the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are unable to file a FAFSA for any reason, please contact My Scholarship Central at email@example.com or (573)-303-8688 for guidance on information that may be submitted as a substitute.
- Estimated expenses, income, and resources:
- a. Tuition
- b. Books, Instructional Materials
- c. Child Care
- d. TOTAL ESTIMATED COST
- e. Annual Income from Employment
- f. Aid from other sources
- g. If you included Aid From Other Sources (above), please specify the source
- h. Food stamps
- i. Pell Grant
- j. Access Missouri Grant
- k. Government Aid, SSI
- l. Government Aid, TANF
- m. Personal Savings
- n. Child Support
- o. TOTAL RESOURCES
- Please tell us about your action plan for continuing your education. This may include curriculum, costs, steps taken, and any other costs associated with completing your program.
- ESSAY: Write a 200 to 400 word essay on the topic “Why I deserve this opportunity.”
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize The Zonta Club of St. Louis and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that the scholarship will be used to help me complete my education. I also certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 13 more