Zimmer Family Scholarship
The Zimmer Family Scholarship was established by Edgar O. Zimmer to encourage students in Monroe County, IL to become better citizens and to improve the quality of life in the community.
Eight awards up to $6,000 each will be made to students graduating from Gibault Catholic High School, Valmeyer High School, Waterloo High School, or Columbia High School. Recipients will be eligible to apply for renewal for up to three additional undergraduate years if they are making satisfactory progress, continue to demonstrate financial need, and submit a renewal application in a timely manner.
- Graduating seniors from Columbia High School, Gibault Catholic High School, Valmeyer High School, or Waterloo High School in Monroe County, Illinois
- Residents of Monroe County, Illinois
- Good moral character
- Academic promise
- Proven leadership or entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated financial need at the nonprofit college they will attend full-time
Finalists will be recommended to the St. Louis Community Foundation by each high school’s Zimmer Scholarship Advisory Committee based on all criteria except the determination of financial need.
Eight students of good moral character and academic promise who have proven leadership or entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated financial need at the college they will attend full-time study leading to an undergraduate degree will be selected. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at email@example.com or 314-880-4960.
Eligibility, financial need, and award amount for this scholarship program will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. This scholarship program, as component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- Edgar O. Zimmer
- $1,000 to $6,000, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- List any extracurricular activities, work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- ESSAY: Mr. Zimmer wanted to award students of good moral character with academic promise and loyal to Monroe County, who have proven leadership or entrepreneurial spirit. Tell us why you are an ideal candidate for this award.
- UPLOAD: Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- Upload the Financial Aid Award letter for the college you plan to attend, if it is available by the application deadline. This document will be required before an award is determined.
- What school issued the award letter that you uploaded?
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- List any financial awards you have been notified about. These may include veteran's benefits, other scholarships, tuition waivers, WIA benefits, employee reimbursement, as well as other institutional/grant aid.
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 10 more