St. Louis Municipal Bond Club Clark and Mildred Cox Scholarship
The St. Louis Municipal Bond Club Clark and Mildred Cox Scholarship is open to academically qualified (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) students who will attend college full time at an accredited college or university pursuing an undergraduate degree.
Those eligible to apply include:
- full-time employees of a St. Louis Municipal Bond Club member firm and their immediate family members
- retired full time employees of member firms, and the immediate family members of retired employees
- the immediate family members of now deceased full time employees
- retired St. Louis Municipal Bond Club members and their immediate family members
Immediate family includes spouse, dependent children and dependent grandchildren. Preference will be given to applicants from the St. Louis area.
2023 St. Louis Municipal Bond Club Firms:
- Benjamin F. Edwards
- Commerce Bank
- Edward Jones
- First Bankers’ Banc Sec
- Stifel Nicolaus
- Wells Fargo Advisors
The St. Louis Municipal Bond Club established this Scholarship program by its members in 1995 to encourage academic excellence for its membership and their families. In 1999 the scholarship program received a significant gift from the Clark Cox Trust that allowed it to expand in scope and reach.
One $2,500 renewable scholarship will be awarded. The recipient may apply renewal for an additional three years of study, provided the recipient continues to attend full time and make satisfactory progress toward his or her degree. For the 2023-2024 academic year, one $1,000 non-renewable scholarshipwill also be awarded. Students at any level in their program of study are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be evaluated by the St. Louis Community Foundation on the basis of past academic performance and potential for continued success, the quality of the essay and recommendations. Selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the applicant’s references and school. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, St. Louis Community Foundation Scholarship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-880-4960.
The St. Louis Municipal Bond Club Clark and Mildred Cox Scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- $2,500 renewable and $1,000 non-renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- Select your Municipal Bond Club status
- Name of Parent, Guardian, Grandparent or Spouse who works/worked at a SLMBC firm
- Select SLMBC firm at which qualifying member is associated
- Location of qualifying member firm office
- Parent, grandparent or spouse position and department at member firm
- Name of Personnel Director at member firm:
- Phone number of Personnel Director:
- Email address of Personnel Director:
- List any extracurricular activities, work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- Tell us how you use your rare leisure time.
- ESSAY: Write an essay in which you describe your educational plans related to your career goals, influences that led to your career choice, and any other information about yourself you think will help the selection committee better understand you as a person, student, and citizen.
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: If you are in college and have completed fewer than 24 credits, upload your high school transcript.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 10 more