Young Leaders of Distinction Scholarship - St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The Young Leaders of Distinction Scholarship is awarded to African-American males who plan to attend an accredited college or university and have significant leadership skills and experience.
The Young Leaders of Distinction Scholarship was created in 2012 by the St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. This scholarship award of up to $1,000 is given to support the scholastic efforts of African-American male high school seniors who have demonstrated and held leadership roles in community service or extracurricular activities. By awarding this scholarship we hope to continually encourage students to:
- Meet people and collaborate with those who share common ideals and interests
- Be vocal and interact with people who are passionate about similar ideas and missions
- Work to see ideas turn into innovative concepts
- Influence decisions by collaborating with peers
- Work with teams to make a difference in the communities they serve
- Male High School Senior
- African American
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Completed at least 40 hours of community service in the last 24 months
- Resident of the St. Louis Metropolitan area – St. Louis city, the Missouri counties of St. Louis, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, or Warren, and the Illinois counties of Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair.
- Leadership experience
Each applicant is eligible for one scholarship from SLMAC, during this current scholarship year. For information about applying for a scholarship, email the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a child of a current member of the St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae chapter?
- Please upload your most recent OFFICIAL transcript.
- Upload a letter of acceptance you received from a college or university.
- Upload a letter verifying your participation in at least 40 hours of community service. Letter should be on official letterhead and signed by supervisor.
- ESSAY: Describe in detail your leadership experience and tenure of leadership.
- RECOMMENDATION - TEACHER/PROFESSOR - Enter the name and e-mail address of a qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- How did you learn about this scholarship opportunity?
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 3 more