CCDI Build Our Future Diversity Scholarship
Purpose: “Build Our Future” Scholarships are awarded to top-qualifying minority students who exhibit a desire to pursue a degree related to the construction industry. In addition to financial funding, Build Our Future recipients will receive individualized support from CCDI leadership through their academic journey including but not limited to: academic support, internships during college, one-to-one mentoring and assistance with career placement upon graduation. CCDI has awarded over 40 Build Our Future scholarships totaling over $200,000 since 2015. We look forward to meeting our next class of recipients in 2023!
- Graduating HS senior OR current undergraduate college student
- Resident of Missouri or Illinois
- Attending a 4 year college/university or a two year technical trades program
- Pursuing a degree in engineering, architecture & design, construction/project management, safety management, informational technology related to construction, or career technical education trades programs.
Guidelines: Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis up to 8 semesters and disbursed in equal payments in August and January. Students must meet scholarship contract guidelines for renewal and maintain above a 2.6 grade-point average
Applicants may be asked to complete an interview with the CCDI Scholarship Selection Committee.
Contact Rachel Boener with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to $5,000 a semester, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you interested in a career in the construction industry?
- What is your intended major? (check all that apply)
- ACT Score (Composite):
- ESSAY: CCDI’s mission is to “help build the foundation for change” by increasing diversity, inclusion and opportunity in the construction industry. How would CCDI’s Build Our Future scholarship help build your future and your long-term career plans? Elaborate on why you are interested in a career in construction, what pathway you plan to study and how you could use your future degree to put our mission in action?
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize CCDI and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 1 more