Hispanic Leaders Group of Greater St. Louis
The Hispanic Leaders Group of Greater St. Louis (HLG) promotes and advances the education of Hispanics in the St. Louis region through a scholarship program. Funding is available for college/university education and/or trade/vocational training. The HLG is offering two scholarships of $1,000: the Jaime Torres Legacy Scholarship and the HLG Scholarship. The merit-based scholarship recognizes a student’s academic achievement (3.0/4.0 GPA is required minimum). The other type is a need-based financial scholarship for students (2.5/4.0 GPA is required minimum).
Applicant must be:
- Hispanic (at least one grandparent must have been Hispanic/Latino/a).
- A permanent resident of the St. Louis region (including the City of St. Louis; the seven (7) Missouri counties of Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, St. Louis, Warren, and Washington; and the eight (8) Illinois counties of Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, and St. Clair).
- A graduating high school senior with a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 to be considered for the need-based scholarship and 3.0 to be considered for the merit scholarship,
or a current college student with a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 to be considered for the need-based scholarship and 3.0 to be considered for the merit scholarship.
- A first time seeker of an associate or baccalaureate degree or be attending a trade/vocational school.
- Admitted or enrolled in an accredited college/university, institution of higher learning or trade/vocational school in the United States of America.
For more information, contact Maria Yaksic or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- varies, up to $1,000
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your Hispanic country of origin?
- Are you pursuing your first Associate degree, first Bachelor’s degree, or attending a trade/vocational school?
- Please upload your most recent OFFICIAL transcript.
- If you are a high school senior, please upload an admission letter from the college/university or institution you plan to attend.
- Please upload your resume.
- In what country were you born?
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Full Name
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Mailing Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Home Phone Number
- Parent/Guardian 1 Place of Birth
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Full Name
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Mailing Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Home Phone Number
- Parent/Guardian 2 Place of Birth
- How many of your grandparents are or were Hispanic?
- What are the countries of origin for your grandparents?
- ESSAY: Write a 300-500 word essay about your future academic plans. Explain why you feel you deserve this scholarship, what kind of service you have provided to the community and your relationship with your Hispanic background.
- List any Hispanic Leaders Group events that you have volunteered at or attended. Please comment on your willingness to volunteer for future events.
- List the name and amount of scholarship/grants (exclude loans) you will receive for next school year:
- FINANCIAL AID AWARD LETTER: If you receive a financial aid award letter from your school before the application deadline, upload the document here.
- If you did not upload a Financial Aid Award Letter, What is the cost of tuition, books and other tuition-related expenses, for next school year?
- If you are applying for a financial need based scholarship, please answer the following questions.
- a. As of today, are you, the student, married? (Answer yes if you are separated but not divorced.)
- b. Do you, the student, have children who receive more than half of their support from you? If yes, how many?
- c. What was your, the student’s (and spouse’s), adjusted gross income for last year?
- d. How much did you, the student (and spouse), earn from working (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) last year?
- e. How many people live in the student’s parents’ household?
- f. If a dependent yourself, what was your parents’ adjusted gross income for last year?
- g. If a dependent yourself, how much did your parents earned from working (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) last year?
- Please upload a recent photo of yourself. Make sure it is a professional looking headshot.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize the HLG of Greater St. Louis and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that I have read and understand the HLG Scholarship Program information. I affirm that I am eligible to apply and that the information that I have provided in this application is complete, accurate and true to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by the HLG of Greater St. Louis in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements
- Show 19 more