Security Traders Association of St. Louis Scholarship
The Security Traders Association of St. Louis endowed a scholarship program at the Saint Louis Community Foundation in 1993 to provide an opportunity for the employees, spouses and dependent children of employees of St. Louis area Security Trader Association member firms.
- Current member firms:
- Alpine Investment Management
- Benjamin F. Edwards & Co.
- Commerce Bank
- Edward Jones
- First Bankers Banc Securities
- Fourthstone LLC
- GTS Securities
- Huntleigh Securities Corp.
- Institutional Securities Corp
- J.A. Glynn & Co.
- Smith, Moore & Co.
- Stern Brothers & Co.
- Terril & Company
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- The candidate must be a full time employee, a spouse of a full time employee, or the dependent child of a full time employee of a Security Traders Association of St. Louis member firm. Employment eligibility will be confirmed by the member firm.
- The candidate must be planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student, as defined by the college, or for six semester hours (or the equivalent) if the candidate is the full time employee, at a regionally accredited, nonprofit, two or four year college or university.
- The candidate may be a senior in high school, presently attending college as an undergraduate student or an adult learner. The candidate must have achieved at least a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Evaluation will be based on the candidate’s
- academic record,
- promise for continued academic success and
- involvement in school and community activities
Strength in these areas will be determined from the information provided on the application, transcript, letters of recommendation and the quality of the essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Recipients’ names, contact information, college and major will be shared with the Security Traders Association of St. Louis.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at email@example.com or 314-880-4960.
The Security Traders Association of St. Louis Scholarship is a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability. Final decisions on eligibility, selection, and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation.
- Supplemental Questions
- Select the Security Traders Association member firm at which you, your parent or spouse is employed:
- If your parent (guardian) or spouse makes you eligible for the Security Traders Association Scholarship, provide their name:
- Parent's or spouse's position and department at member firm
- Parent's or spouse's daytime phone number
- Name of Personnel Director at member firm:
- Phone number of Personnel Director:
- Email address of Personnel Director:
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: If you are in college and have completed fewer than 24 credits, upload your high school transcript.
- Applicant's Current Employer
- Applicant's Current Job Title or Occupation
- List any extracurricular activities, work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- ESSAY: Write an essay in which you describe your educational plans related to your career goals, influences that led to your career choice, and any other information about yourself you think will help the selection committee better understand you as a person, student, and citizen.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 10 more