Security Traders Association of St. Louis Scholarship
The Security Traders Association of St. Louis endowed a scholarship program at the Saint Louis Community Foundation in 1993 to provide an opportunity for the employees, spouses and dependent children of employees of St. Louis area Security Trader Association member firms.
- Current member firms:
- Alpine Investment Management
- Benjamin F. Edwards & Co.
- Commerce Bank
- Edward Jones
- First Bankers Banc Securities
- Fourthstone LLC
- Huntleigh Securities Corp.
- Institutional Securities Corp
- J.A. Glynn & Co.
- Smith, Moore & Co.
- Stern Brothers & Co.
- Terril & Company
- Wells Fargo Advisors
- The candidate must be a full time employee, a spouse of a full time employee, or the dependent child of a full time employee of a Security Traders Association of St. Louis member firm. Employment eligibility will be confirmed by the member firm.
- The candidate must be planning to enroll as a full-time undergraduate student, as defined by the college, or for six semester hours (or the equivalent) if the candidate is the full time employee, at a regionally accredited, nonprofit, two or four year college or university.
- The candidate may be a senior in high school, presently attending college as an undergraduate student or an adult learner. The candidate must have achieved at least a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
Evaluation will be based on the candidate’s
- academic record,
- promise for continued academic success and
- involvement in school and community activities
Strength in these areas will be determined from the information provided on the application, transcript, letters of recommendation and the quality of the essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Recipients’ names, contact information, college and major will be shared with the Security Traders Association of St. Louis.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-880-4960.
The Security Traders Association of St. Louis Scholarship is a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability. Final decisions on eligibility, selection, and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation.