D.R.E.A.M Scholarship - St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
The Discovering Real Educational Advantages Motivates (D.R.E.A.M.) Scholarship is a need-based scholarship of up to $1,000 awarded to help current college students find real opportunities to connect the benefits that education provides for them to do well in their academic pursuits of excellence. This scholarship provides hope to those African-American male or female students in need.
Many students face hardships which are often financial in nature. The St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. wants to provide support to individuals in need of financial assistance in their academic careers. Our hope is that students will not give up on their scholastic endeavors due to personal trials, but instead embark on a new journey of personal triumph. We understand that difficult times arise, but we hope this scholarship seed will propel you to greater scholastic achievement and growth. Never give up, just DREAM! Scholarships are awarded for tuition, books, or living expenses.
- Current college student (attending a 4-year college/university, 2-year community college, trade school, or apprenticeship program)
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Enrolled full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Financial need
- Current official transcript (through Fall/Winter 2023)
- 1 letter of recommendation from a professor
- 1 letter of recommendation from a service agency or professional reference (i.e. employer) (verification letter must be on agency/organization letterhead with a supervisor’s signature)
- Minimum 500-word autobiography detailing your personal commitment to volunteerism. Please give examples from your own volunteer experience.
- Resident of the St. Louis Metropolitan area – St. Louis city, the Missouri counties of St. Louis, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln, St. Charles, or Warren, and the Illinois counties of Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair.
Letter of Recommendation/Service Verification Guidance
Letter of Recommendation: Needs to speak to: the length of time the recommender has known you; your personal characteristics and leadership skills/abilities; your achievements; and the public service activities in which you are/have been involved.
Service Verification: This should be an actual letter and not just a service log. Please ask the person supplying your verification letter to speak to the length of time you’ve been involved with the organization and the details of your involvement, including but not limited to: your roles/responsibilities, leadership skills, and impact.
Each applicant is eligible for one scholarship from SLMAC during this current scholarship year. For information about applying for a scholarship, email the Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.