Kids' Chance of Missouri Scholarship for Children of Missouri's Seriously Injured Workers
This scholarship is available to children of workers who were seriously injured or died in a work-related accident covered and compensated by workers’ compensation. A serious injury is one that led to a paid settlement or judicial award and is verified with information from the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation.
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise lawfully present in the United States.
- Be a Missouri resident.
- Be a child between the ages of 17 and 22 years of age of an employee who was seriously injured or died in a work related accident or from an occupational disease covered and compensated by Workers’ Compensation.
- Be enrolled at least half-time at a participating Missouri school.
- Have a FAFSA and a Kids’ Chance Scholarship application on file by April 30
- Have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $12,000 or less as calculated by the United States Department of Education from information provided on the FAFSA.
- Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity.
REGION: Missouri – Statewide. Includes all counties: Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley Saint Charles Saint Clair Saint Francois Saint Louis City Saint Louis County Sainte Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright