Tammy Stratman Brown Charities Vocational and Trade School Scholarship
Tammy Stratman Brown Charities awards scholarships based on the Passion of the recipient for their desired field. Not all Passions require a college degree. This scholarship is for those whose desire to create, construct or beautify does not lead them to a college degree, but to technical and vocational training or certification programs.
Applicants must be:
- a high school senior who lives in the Troy R-III or Wentzville R-IV school districts (Students who attend private school or home school are eligible if they live within the boundaries of Troy Buchanan High School, Holt High School, Liberty High School or Timberland High School).
- planning to attend an accredited trade, technical or vocational school or program.
- Passion for chosen field, as communicated through essay, references and portfolio
- Work experience, volunteerism & training as related to chosen field
- General work experience, accomplishments, extracurricular activities
- Financial need
Questions? Contact TSBCharityFoundation@gmail.com
- Supplemental Questions
- What school district to you LIVE in?
- What school/program do you plan to attend next year?
- 1. Name
- 2. Full Address
- 3. Phone Number
- 4. Website
- What credential are you pursuing? (Certificate, license, etc)
- How long is the course of study for this program?
- What experience, if any, do you have in this field/program?
- Do you have a job already lined up for when you complete the program? If yes, provide details.
- List your extracurricular activities and community service.
- Dates of participation
- List honors or awards that you have received, including the name, date, and type of recognition.
- Employment and Supervisor
- 1. Company/Employer
- 2. Address
- 3. Your position
- 4. Dates employed (from/to)
- 5. Hours per week
- 6. Supervisor's name
- 7. Supervisor's phone number
- STUDENT AID REPORT (SAR): Please upload a copy of your Student Aid Report. The SAR is the document resulting from the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA may be filed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once you have completed the FAFSA, upload your SAR here.
- ESSAY: Please write a 250 word essay that conveys your interest and passion for your field of study and future career. Describe the activities, accomplishments and things you have done to prepare yourself for that future career.
- Feel free to share any portfolios, pictures, examples, etc. that show your work and interest in your intended field of study. You can upload files and/or provide links to websites that contain your portfolio, pictures, videos etc.
- Provide link to website, portfolio, video, etc here:
- Upload file here:
- Tammy Stratman Brown Charities REFERENCE 1: Enter the name and e-mail address of a teacher, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- Tammy Stratman Brown Charities REFERENCE 2: Enter the name and e-mail address of someone who knows you OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL, such as an employer, community service supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize Tammy Stratman Brown Charities and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by Tammy Stratman Brown Charities in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements.
- Show 10 more