Wartime Veteran’s Survivors Grant Program
These grants are available annually to children and spouses of Veterans whose deaths or injuries were: a result of combat action or were attributed to an illness that was contracted while serving in combat action, or who became 80 percent disabled as a result of injuries or accidents sustained in combat action since Sept. 11, 2001. The total number of students that may receive a grant in any year is limited by statute to 25. The veteran must have been a Missouri resident when first entering the military service or at the time of death or injury.
Eligible students must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise lawfully present in the United States.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at least half-time as an undergraduate student in a participating public college or university.
- Be the veteran’s spouse at the time of death or injury or within five years subsequent to the injury.
- Be the veteran’s child (natural, adopted, or stepchild) who is less than 25 years of age.
- - You may continue to be eligible through the end of the semester in which you turn 25 OR the receipt of your first bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
- - You must have been a dependent of the veteran at the time of death or injury or within five years subsequent to the injury.
- - Complete and submit all requested eligibility information.
There no application deadline for initial applicants. However, since the program is limited to 25 recipients, early application is encouraged.
REGION: Missouri – Statewide. Includes all counties: Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley Saint Charles Saint Clair Saint Francois Saint Louis City Saint Louis County Sainte Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright