Wartime Veteran’s Survivors Grant Program
These grants are available annually to children and spouses of Veterans whose deaths or injuries were: a result of combat action or were attributed to an illness that was contracted while serving in combat action, or who became 80 percent disabled as a result of injuries or accidents sustained in combat action since Sept. 11, 2001. The total number of students that may receive a grant in any year is limited by statute to 25. The veteran must have been a Missouri resident when first entering the military service or at the time of death or injury.
Eligible students must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or otherwise lawfully present in the United States.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at least half-time as an undergraduate student in a participating public college or university.
- Be the veteran’s spouse at the time of death or injury or within five years subsequent to the injury.
- Be the veteran’s child (natural, adopted, or stepchild) who is less than 25 years of age.
- - You may continue to be eligible through the end of the semester in which you turn 25 OR the receipt of your first bachelor’s degree, whichever occurs first.
- - You must have been a dependent of the veteran at the time of death or injury or within five years subsequent to the injury.
- - Complete and submit all requested eligibility information.
There no application deadline for initial applicants. However, since the program is limited to 25 recipients, early application is encouraged.