Overland Rotary Club (Ritenour High School)
Overland Rotary Club awards scholarships based on the desire and need of the recipient for their chosen field. Applicants for an Overland Rotary Scholarship must:
• Be enrolled in a career technical education program at Ritenour High School or be a student living within the boundaries of Ritenour School District who attends North County Technical School, planning to graduate in 2020.
• Complete an online scholarship application at Scholarship Central.
• Be planning to obtain an Associate degree or a certificate from a trade, technical or vocational school program. This could include programs at such schools as St. Louis Community College, Ranken Technical College, State Technical College of Missouri, Jefferson College, St. Charles Community College, Lewis and Clark Community College, or other accredited schools with a focus on a skilled trade.
• Demonstrate that they have applied to and/or have been accepted by a community college or trade, technical or vocational school.
• Submit a letter of recommendation from his or her career and technical education teacher.
All completed applications will be screened by a committee of Rotarians. Examples of factors considered in selection may include the following:
• Students must demonstrate a commitment to their chosen field, as indicated by responses on the application, references and portfolio
• Work experience, volunteerism and training related to chosen field
• General work experience, accomplishments, extracurricular activities
• Financial need
Finalists for the scholarships will be interviewed by a committee of Rotarians.