Viva Brasil STL
The Viva Brasil STL scholarship is open to high school seniors and current college students who are of Brazilian descent.
One scholarship will be granted to a student enrolled in a 4 years Undergraduate degree.
- Be of Brazilian descent. At least one grandparent must be Brazilian.
- Be a permanent resident of St. Louis City , the Missouri counties of Jefferson, St. Charles, or St. Louis, or the Illinois counties of Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- All areas of education are accepted, priority will be given to degrees in Bachelor of Arts or Education (B.A. or B.Ed)
- Proof of 10 hours minimum of volunteer work related to Arts, Education or Brazilian community.
- Applicants cannot be related to board members or selection committee.
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Viva Brasil STL
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is for students who are of Brazilian descent. Does this describe you?
- In what country were you born?
- In what country/countries were your parents born?
- What are the countries of origin for your grandparents?
- If you are a high school senior, upload an admission letter from the college or university that you plan to attend.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer work related to the Arts, Education or the Brazilian community. Please list your volunteer services in these areas.
- 1. Organization name
- 2. What did you do for this organization?
- 3. Total hours you volunteered
- 4. Dates you volunteered
- Create a 3 to 4 minutes video indicating what have you done to represent or share the Brazilian culture among your friends, school, or neighborhood. Upload the video to an accessible website and provide a link where our review committee can view the video.
- Please upload a copy of documents that prove your Brazilian ancestry. If the document is related to your parents or grandparents, please provide proof or your relationship to that person.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: If you filled out the recommendation question on your General Application, please select it from the drop down below. If you did NOT complete the recommendation on your General Application, enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize the Viva Brasil STL and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that I have read and understand the Viva Brasil STL Program information. I affirm that I am eligible to apply and that the information that I have provided in this application is complete, accurate and true to the best of my knowledge. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by the Viva Brasil STL in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements.
- Show 5 more