The Cynthia and Garry Seltzer College Scholarship Fund
In partnership with the Jewish Federation, the Garry and Cynthia Seltzer College Scholarship Fund will grant scholarships to undergraduate Jewish students who demonstrate financial need and academic merit and enroll in a course of studies at a four-year college or university to earn a bachelor of arts degree or a bachelor’s degree in business. One scholarship of $10,000 will be awarded. Students will have the opportunity to renew this scholarship.
- Students must identify as Jewish
- High school seniors or current community college students transferring to a four year college
- - High school seniors must have a 3.5 GPA or higher OR a 28 or higher on the ACT OR a 1300 or higher on the SAT
- - Community college students must have a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Planning to attend a four year college or university and pursuing a bachelor of arts degree or a business degree
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Live in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, Missouri, or Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair Counties, Illinois
- Is not related to Donor or to the spouse of any person related to Donor
Students will need to submit a 1,000 word essay on the topic of their choice.
Please direct questions regarding this scholarship from The Jewish Federation of St. Louis to (314) 442-3824.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you consider yourself Jewish?
- Please provide the following information for your parent(s) and or legal guardian(s):
- Permanent Address
- STUDENT AID REPORT (SAR): Upload all pages of your 2021-2022 Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is the document resulting from the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are unable to file a FAFSA, please contact My Scholarship Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 349-5030 for guidance on information that may be submitted as a substitute.
- Please explain any special circumstances or expenses that may affect your financial need.
- Upload Resume: Highlight leadership positions, extracurricular involvement, awards and honors, community service and volunteerism, and work experience.
- Upload a letter of acceptance from a college or university (high school seniors) or proof of enrollment (current college students).
- ESSAY: Submit a 1,000 word essay on the topic of your choice.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize The Jewish Federation of St. Louis and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic and/or financial records and other information which applies to the consideration of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essays are my own work.
- Show 3 more