Stewart G. and I. Renee Albert Scholarship
Annually, the Stewart G. and I. Renee Albert Scholarship will award a renewable $2,000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior from the St. Louis region who will attend and demonstrates unmet financial need at an accredited, nonprofit 4-year college/university (or 2-year college on track for a bachelor’s degree) in the state of Missouri and declare a major in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) field. Recipients may apply for renewal of the award for three additional undergraduate years.
To apply applicants must:
- be a graduating senior from a high school in the St. Louis region,
- attend Missouri accredited, nonprofit 4 year college/university (or 2-year on a 4-year track),
- demonstrate unmet financial need, and
- major in a STEM field.
Recipients will be selected by the St. Louis Community Foundation based on the student’s academic record, the quality of the essay and letter(s) of recommendation, determination of financial need, and consideration of unusual circumstances. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Recipients may reapply for award consideration for a maximum of four years of undergraduate funding provided they continue to make satisfactory progress toward a degree, continue to meet the eligibility criteria and complete the renewal application on time.
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account. Award checks will be mailed in early August to the college the scholarship recipient will attend. Information about renewal applications will come from the St. Louis Community Foundation.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 880-4960.
Eligibility, financial need, and award amount for this scholarship program will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. This scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
- $2,000, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- To be eligible for the "Stewart G. and I. Renee Albert Scholarship" applicants must be majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) field. Does this describe you?
- To be eligible for the "Stewart G. and I. Renee Albert Scholarship" applicants must be attending a college or university in MISSOURI. Does this describe you?
- UPLOAD: Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- UPLOAD: Please upload next year's Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will attend. This document will be required before an award can be determined and should include: college name, applicant name, loans, grants and scholarships offered.
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- ESSAY: In 500 words or less, why have you chosen your field of study and how will you use your education to make a difference and impact others?
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 9 more