Wyman Southeast Missouri State Scholars Program
The purpose of the Wyman Southeast Missouri State University Scholars Program is to promote the development of student leadership skills through experiential learning in on-campus and community activities. The program is also designed to increase the enrollment of talented students, particularly those from traditionally under-represented groups.
The Wyman Southeast Missouri State University Scholars Program offers a limited number of scholarships to students participating in the Wyman Leaders Program and is intended to allow students to graduate with a bachelor’s degree with minimal debt.
1. High school seniors who participate in the Wyman Leaders Program.
2. A high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above OR an ACT score of 21 or above.
3. Full admittance to Southeast Missouri State University.
4. First generation college student and/or Pell grant eligible, if applicable.
5. Demonstrated financial need as documented on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if applicable.
Qualified candidates may also be asked to participate in an in-person interview as part of the selection process for this scholarship.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Ryane.Boyd@wymancenter.org
- Varies, Renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- SAT Score (Total):
- ACT Score (Composite):
- Upload Resume: Highlight leadership positions, extracurricular involvement, awards and honors, community service and volunteerism, and work experience.
- Do any of your parents (or legal guardians) have an associate degree or a bachelor’s degree?
- Please indicate your Household Financial Gross Income:
- Please indicate the number of persons living in your immediate household.
- Please upload a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- What matters to you and why? (Minimum of 100 words)
- ESSAY: Explain your interest in college and where you think it may take you. What have you done to prepare yourself to pursue higher education?
- ESSAY 2: Please reflect on your experience in Wyman Programs and what you have learned about yourself through your engagement in these program(s). Specifically, talk about your leadership, critical thinking, and character building skills, as well as community service opportunities you’ve developed and experienced as a result of participation in the Wyman. Be sure to include real examples to support your statements. (Essays should be a minimum of 300 words and will be evaluated for content, specificity, coherence, appropriate expression, and correctness of grammar and punctuation.)
- Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- APPLICANT SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I authorize Wyman Center and its agents to examine, verify and discuss the contents of this application. I certify that all answers are accurate and truthful to the best of my knowledge, and that all information in the application and essay are my own work. I understand that the decisions made regarding my participation in this program are made by Wyman Center in reliance upon the truth and correctness of my statements.
- Show 7 more