Donald Glen Barr Scholarship
The Donald Glen Barr Scholarship program was established with a gift from the estate of Donald Glen Barr, a life-long resident of Kahoka, Missouri. The scholarship is intended to provide financial support and a vote of confidence to Clark County R-1 students who are working to improve themselves and their community through postsecondary education.
Recipients may apply for renewal of the award for three additional undergraduate years.
To apply applicants must:
- be a graduating senior Clark County R-1 High School in Kahoka, Missouri
- plan to enroll full time in a nonprofit, accredited two or four-year college, university or technical school in the United States
- demonstrate unmet financial need
Recipients will be selected by the St. Louis Community Foundation based on the student’s academic record, the quality of the essay and letter(s) of recommendation, determination of financial need, and consideration of unusual circumstances. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account. Award checks will be mailed in early August to the college the scholarship recipient will attend. Information about renewal applications will come from the St. Louis Community Foundation.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 880-4960.
Eligibility, financial need, and award amount for this scholarship program will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. This scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
- Donald Glen Barr
- up to $1,500, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- List any extracurricular school activities, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- List any community activities, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- List any work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- ESSAY: Tell us about your gifts and talents and how education will help you further develop those gifts and talents. How will you use your gifts and talents to make a difference in your career? This essay is your opportunity to tell the scholarship application review committee about yourself. (500 words or less)
- UPLOAD: Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- UPLOAD: Please upload next year's Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will attend. This document will be required before an award can be determined and should include: college name, applicant name, loans, grants and scholarships offered.
- What school issued the award letter that you uploaded?
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 11 more