Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship
The Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship program is designed to encourage district students to accomplish their post-high school educational goals. Students with good behavior and academic standing may apply for scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000. These scholarships may be used at two-year and four-year colleges, universities and nonprofit technical schools.
Ferguson-Florissant School District scholarships will be awarded to:
• Seniors currently enrolled at McCluer High School, McCluer North High School, STEAM Academy at McCluer South-Berkley, or Innovation School at Cool Valley who completed their junior year at one of the district high schools.
• Academically qualified applicants who have achieved a weighted, cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
• Applicants who have achieved a record of good behavior
Evaluation and Selection:
Applications will be evaluated based on information provided by the student on the application and the high school transcript based on the following rubric:
• Essay—Well-crafted 200 – 300 word essay that includes your educational plans and career goals—20 points
• Academics—ACT/SAT Score and GPA (weighted)—20 points
• Activities—Participation and/or leadership in school, community groups, and employment—10 points
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required."
Generous donors have made the following scholarships available. Individual scholarships may have additional selection criteria, such as attendance area, area of academic interest, or participation in a specific district program. Questions on the application will determine your eligibility for individual awards.
- Anna Mae Brown Scholarship
- Art Bauer – Parker Road School Scholarship
- Barbara V. Davis Scholarship
- Beverly Hopkins Memorial Scholarship
- Chuck Foulke Memorial Scholarship
- Dan Embry Memorial Scholarship
- David Stanley Cartwright Memorial Scholarship
- DeSmet School Scholarship
- Dorothy Cunningham Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Charles May Memorial Scholarships
- Dr. Robert Fitz Scholarship
- Ellis J. Shaw Memorial Scholarship
- Ernest Lester – Duchesne School Scholarship
- Ferguson Station Business Association Scholarship
- Ferguson-Florissant Local Scholarships
- Georgia Shaw Memorial Scholarship
- H. Roger Bredenkamp – McCluer Alumni Club Scholarship
- James Lawrence Memorial Scholarship
- Jason Dubis Memorial Scholarship
- Jim Weaver – Parker Road School Scholarship
- Krystal Whitley Memorial Scholarship
- Linda Cox Memorial Scholarship
- McCluer Alumni Club Scholarship
- McCluer Class of 1978
- Merlin A. Ludwig -
- Michael J. Lawless Scholarship
- Orville Chandler – Wedgwood School Scholarship
- Phyllis Russell – Commons Lane Scholarship
- Samantha Lipka Memorial Scholarship
- Second Lieutenant Charles Lee Jordan III, USMC Memorial Scholarship
- Shirley King Memorial Scholarship
- Steve Maxwell Memorial Scholarship
- The Mary and Ike Eichenberger Music Scholarship requires a separate application, also available on My Scholarship Central.
For information, contact these counselors:
*McCluer North – Jenny Speak – email@example.com
- McCluer – Suzie Krisch – firstname.lastname@example.org
STEAM Academy at McCluer South-Berkeley – Rayna Blackshear – email@example.com
- Innovation at Cool Valley – Rose Owens – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified of award status in mid-April and should log in to their Scholarship Central account to see the status. Recipients will be honored at their school’s recognition assembly. Award checks will be mailed to the college or university in early August pending confirmation of final school choice and student ID number.
The Ferguson-Florissant School District Scholarship program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.