Friends of Saint Louis Municipal School of Nursing Scholarship
The Friends of Saint Louis Municipal School of Nursing Scholarship is open to academically qualified undergraduate students attending accredited nursing programs located in the City of St. Louis who have demonstrated financial need. Students may be pursuing a diploma, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing attending part or full time.
• Barnes-Jewish College Goldfarb School of Nursing
• Saint Louis University School of Nursing
• St. Louis Community College at Forest Park
The Friends of Saint Louis Municipal School of Nursing was established in 1954 to provide all manner of support to students in the nursing program that prepared nurses to work at City Hospital. The Friends’ legacy lives on through this scholarship program established at the Community Foundation in 2007.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of past academic performance, potential for continued success, the quality of the essay and recommendations and evidence of the student’s commitment to the healthcare field. Preference will be given to students with a demonstrated commitment to return to the City of St. Louis to work that also demonstrate the academic and financial qualifications specified. Selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount will be determined from information provided by the applicant, the applicant’s family, and the schools. Because this award considers unmet financial need, the scholarship amount can change from year to year. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Renewal: Recipients will be considered for up to four years of total funding if annual renewal applications with required supporting documentation are received on a timely basis. Renewal applications must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward a nursing degree and continued financial need.
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation at email@example.com or 314-880-4960.
Eligibility, financial need, and award amount for these scholarship programs will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. These scholarship programs, as component funds of the St. Louis Community Foundation, do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- $3000, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- ESSAY: Write an essay that explains why you chose this field of study and what your plans are when you complete your degree. Share your goals and vision for your career in this field.
- What led you to pursue this program of study? Specific examples of your experiences in the field will enhance your scholarship application.
- Tell us a little about your college experience outside the classroom.
- If you are a current college student, list grant assistance you are receiving from other sources. Include source and annual amount.
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: If you are in college and have completed fewer than 24 credits, upload your high school transcript.
- Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- UPLOAD: Please upload next year's Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will attend. This document will be required before an award can be determined and should include: college name, applicant name, loans, grants and scholarships offered.
- What school issued the award letter that you uploaded?
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 11 more