Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholars Scholarship
This opportunity is only for students who were awarded the Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholarship when they were in 8th grade. If you did not receive this scholarship in 8th grade, please do not complete this application.
Cardinals Care, the charitable foundation of the St. Louis Cardinals, established the Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholarship to recognize the achievements of individuals who have demonstrated outstanding integrity, confidence, leadership and teamwork as members of a Redbird Rookies team and to provide financial assistance toward the student’s continuing education. The total award is $10,000, split over your college career, up to a total of four years. To maintain eligibility for the scholarship, you must attend an accredited, nonprofit college, university or trade/tech school.
A portion of your $10,000 Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholarship will be mailed to the financial aid office of the institution you will attend each August if you provide the documentation required. If you attend a four year college, one-fourth of the award will be distributed each year.
Please complete this application as soon as you know what school you will attend for the 2023-2024 academic year. We must have all updated information submitted by the June 1st deadline in order to send a check to your school.
To maintain eligibility for up to a total of four years, you will be required to complete a renewal application via My Scholarship Central each year.
Questions? contact Ellen Vietor, St. Louis Community Foundation Scholarship Manager at email@example.com or 314-880-4960.
- $2,500 renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is for students who have already been named a Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholar. What year were you first awarded the Redbird Rookies Saigh Scholarship?
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- Please type your initials in the box below each statement to indicate that you understand the parameters of this award:
- I understand that I must maintain a satisfactory grade point average (at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale) and make satisfactory progress in order to renew this scholarship award.
- I understand that I will have to apply for renewal each year on Scholarship Central.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation if I withdraw from college or transfer to another institution.
- I understand that my scholarship award will be sent to my college and split between the Fall term and the Spring term of the coming academic year.
- To what school should we send your scholarship award check in August?
- What is your student ID number at the school to which we are mailing the check?
- Provide the email address you check most often.
- The email address you use to log into your My Scholarship Center account is the email we will use to notify you when it is time to apply for renewal. What email address do you want to use for My Scholarship Central?
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 3 more