DHEWD Public Service Officer or Employee's Child Survivor Grant
This program provides tuition assistance to certain public employees and their families if the employee is killed or permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty. Applicants must be Missouri residents.
To be eligible you must:
- Be either:
- - A public safety officer permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty,
- - A spouse of a public safety officer killed or permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty, or
- - A child (natural, adopted or stepchild) of a public safety officer or a Missouri Department of Transportation employee engaged in the construction or maintenance of the state’s highways, roads, and bridges killed or permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty;
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full time (12 credit hours) undergraduate student in a participating Missouri postsecondary school. Students with disabilities may be considered full-time when enrolled in at least six credit hours;
- Be less than 24 years of age (applies to dependent children only);
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the school;
- Be a Missouri resident and a United States citizen or permanent resident;
- Not be pursuing a degree or certificate in theology or divinity; and
- Not have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
Public safety officers include firefighters, police officers, capitol police officers, parole officers, probation officers, state correctional employees, water safety officers, conservation officers, park rangers, or highway patrolmen employed by Missouri or a political subdivision of the state.
There is no application deadline; however, early submission of the completed application is encouraged.
REGION: Missouri – Statewide. Includes all counties: Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley Saint Charles Saint Clair Saint Francois Saint Louis City Saint Louis County Sainte Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright