Dr. Ciriaco "Jerry" Memmolo Memorial Scholarship
The Dr. Ciriaco “Jerry” Memmolo Memorial Scholarship provides scholarships to employees and children of employees of Mercy Hospital South (formerly St. Anthony’s Medical Center) who are in healthcare fields of study. It was established by Rizziero and Asteria Memmolo to perpetuate the memory of their son, Dr. Jerry Memmolo, a general surgeon at St. Anthony’s Medical Center. Recipients may reapply for award consideration for a maximum of four years of funding provided they continue to meet eligibility requirements.
- Employee or dependent child of employee of Mercy Hospital South (formerly St. Anthony’s Medical Center) in St. Louis.
- Must demonstrate financial need as a full time student at an accredited trade school, college or university.
- Applicant will be either:
1) an employee enrolled in a certificate or undergraduate degree program that will either improve his or her work in a clinical healthcare field; or
2) an employee’s dependent child who is enrolled in an undergraduate healthcare field of study.
Students at any level in their program of study are encouraged to apply.
- Recipients will demonstrate financial need and be enrolled in a healthcare field of study.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of past academic performance (must currently have achieved a cumulative 2.5 grade point average on a 4 point scale) and potential for continued success, the quality of the essay and recommendations, and evidence of the student’s compassion, team spirit, integrity and/or work ethic.
- Selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the applicant’s family, and the school.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Application status will be changed from submitted to either awarded or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at email@example.com or 314-880-4960.
The Dr. Ciriaco “Jerry” Memmolo Memorial Scholarship program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation. Eligibility, financial need, and award amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. The Dr. Ciriaco ‘Jerry’ Memmolo Memorial Scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- $2000, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- The goal of this program is to support the educational goals of those employees who want to do more in a health care field or support the education of children of employees who seek to serve in a health care field. Select the option that describes you.
- To be eligible for this program, either you or one of your parents (or legal guardian) must have been a full time or regular part time employee of Mercy South Hospital (formerly St. Anthony Medical Center) for at least one year. Do either of these describe you?
- Applicant's Current Employer
- If you are an employee of Mercy Hospital South (St. Anthony's Medical Center) and 23 years of age or over, you do not need to provide information on your parents. Confirm your status:
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Full Name
- Parent 1 address (if different than yours). Include home number & street, city, state and zip code
- Parent 1 daytime phone number or cell phone number
- Parent 1 Occupation or Title
- Parent (or legal guardian) 1 Current Employer
- Provide the last four digits of the Social Security Number for Parent 1 who is the co-worker at Mercy Hospital South
- Parent's date of employment at Mercy Hospital South or St. Anthony's Medical Center
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Full name
- Parent 2 address (if different than yours). Include home number & street, city, state and zip code
- Parent 2 daytime phone number or cell phone number
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Occupation or Title
- Parent (or legal guardian) 2 Current Employer
- Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- UPLOAD: Please upload next year's Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will attend. This document will be required before an award can be determined and should include: college name, applicant name, loans, grants and scholarships offered.
- What school issued the award letter that you uploaded?
- If you are a current college student, list grant assistance you are receiving from other sources. Include source and annual amount.
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- ESSAY: Write an essay that explains why you chose this field of study and what your plans are when you complete your degree. Share your goals and vision for your career in this field.
- What led you to pursue this program of study? Specific examples of your experiences in the field will enhance your scholarship application.
- List any extracurricular activities, work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: If you are in college and have completed fewer than 24 credits, upload your high school transcript.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 28 more