Elizabeth Claire Meuret Memorial Scholarship
The Elizabeth Claire Meuret Memorial Scholarship is open to students who are majoring in a medical or healthcare field and are enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student in an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university. Each recipient will demonstrate unmet financial need at the college or university they attend in the United States.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
• be graduating from high school or a current college student
• major in a medical/healthcare field
• plan to enroll full time in a nonprofit, accredited four-year college or university
• be a permanent resident of St. Louis County, Missouri
• demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by standard methods of need analysis in practice at the time of selection. In general, unmet financial need will be defined as the difference between the cost of attendance and the sum of the family’s contribution (EFC) and the student’s grant aid from other sources.
Selection may be based on the student’s academic record, the quality of the essay and letter(s) of recommendation, and/or consideration of financial need and unusual circumstances. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Recipients will be eligible to apply for renewal for up to three additional undergraduate years, if a renewal application is submitted in a timely manner and academic and financial eligibility criteria continue to be met. Making satisfactory progress toward a degree, generally defined as a 2.5 grade point average on a 4 point scale (or the equivalent) in 12 or more semester hours (or the equivalent), will be considered academically eligible for renewal but each applicant’s facts and circumstances will be considered. The goal is to financially assist the recipient to achieve a college degree.Notification
Application status will be changed from submitted to either offered or denied in June. Applicants can view their status by logging in to their Scholarship Central account.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager at St. Louis Community Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-880-4960.
Eligibility, financial need, and award amount for this scholarship program will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation. This scholarship program, as component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.
- Kevin Meuret and Family
- $2,000, renewable
- Supplemental Questions
- To be considered for this scholarship, your Scholarship Central General Application MUST include your FALL transcript for the current academic year. The transcript should show your name, school, grades, and cumulative GPA. If you previously uploaded an earlier transcript, please upload a new transcript to your General Application and change your answer to the GPA question. If your college choice has changed, please update that on the General Application as well.
- List any extracurricular activities, work or volunteer involvement, including the activity, the time involved, dates of involvement, and position(s) held:
- ESSAY: In 500 words or less, explain why you chose a healthcare field of study and what your plans are when you complete your degree. Share your goals and vision for your career in this field.
- Upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) for next year.
- Enter your EFC that is on your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR).
- UPLOAD: Please upload next year's Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will attend. This document will be required before an award can be determined and should include: college name, applicant name, loans, grants and scholarships offered.
- What school issued the award letter that you uploaded?
- Where will you live during the academic year for which you are applying?
- Upload documentation from the school you plan to attend that shows your total cost of attendance.
- List the names of any siblings, their age(s), and what school(s) they are attending (if any)
- If you wish to inform the reviewers of any unusual financial circumstances, including costs associated with your education or educational loans already incurred for or by you, please provide here. Please note that tax forms, W-2s or other documentation may be requested to verify information on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SCHOLARSHIP CENTRAL SECOND RECOMMENDATION: Enter the name and e-mail address of an instructor, counselor, advisor, supervisor or other similarly qualified individual who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to inform that person to watch for an email sent on your behalf that will explain how to complete this process.
- SIGNATURE: By entering my full name below, I certify that the information I have provided is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I authorize the St. Louis Community Foundation and its agents to examine, verify and discuss my academic records and other information that applies to the consideration of this application. My signature also signifies that, if awarded, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the St. Louis Community Foundation of any changes to my college plans and that I understand that some portion of scholarship awards I receive from any source may be considered taxable income if the total amount exceeds the cost of tuition and course related fees, supplies and equipment.
- Show 9 more