Missouri Department of The American Legion - M.D. "Jack" Murphy Memorial Nurses Training Scholarship
Open to students planning a career as a Registered Nurse who are the descendent of a veteran having served 90 days on active duty in the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States, and having an honorable discharge. A copy of the veteran’s discharge or separation notice must be submitted with the application. The copy must show the date the veteran entered service and the date the veteran left service.
- Be a resident of the state of Missouri.
- Shall be an unmarried dependent under the age of 21.
- Must be attending an accredited college / university as a full-time student.
- Consideration for scholarship will be determined annually for high school graduates in NEED of financial aid to attend a college / university.
- Applicant must graduate in the top 40% of his / her class. Counselor’s statement must be attached.
- The scholarship must be used the first fall semester upon completion of high school.
REGION: Missouri – Statewide. Includes all counties: Adair Andrew Atchison Audrain Barry Barton Bates Benton Bollinger Boone Buchanan Butler Caldwell Callaway Camden Cape Girardeau Carroll Carter Cass Cedar Chariton Christian Clark Clay Clinton Cole Cooper Crawford Dade Dallas Daviess DeKalb Dent Douglas Dunklin Franklin Gasconade Gentry Greene Grundy Harrison Henry Hickory Holt Howard Howell Iron Jackson Jasper Jefferson Johnson Knox Laclede Lafayette Lawrence Lewis Lincoln Linn Livingston Macon Madison Maries Marion McDonald Mercer Miller Mississippi Moniteau Monroe Montgomery Morgan New Madrid Newton Nodaway Oregon Osage Ozark Pemiscot Perry Pettis Phelps Pike Platte Polk Pulaski Putnam Ralls Randolph Ray Reynolds Ripley Saint Charles Saint Clair Saint Francois Saint Louis City Saint Louis County Sainte Genevieve Saline Schuyler Scotland Scott Shannon Shelby Stoddard Stone Sullivan Taney Texas Vernon Warren Washington Wayne Webster Worth Wright