St. Anthony’s Medical Center Foundation Academic Excellence Scholarship
The St. Anthony’s Medical Center Foundation Academic Excellence Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are dependent children of the Medical Center’s full time and regular part time staff (who have been employed at least one year) who have achieved academic excellence and will be full time undergraduate students at a regionally accredited four year Missouri college or university or at any of Southern Illinois University’s five campuses or the University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign. Employees of SAMC are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Recipients may reapply for scholarship consideration for a maximum of four years of funding provided they continue to meet eligibility requirements and maintain a 3.5 cumulative grade point average in a full time course of study.
Five awards of $10,000 are available for the coming academic year. This opportunity for the children of St. Anthony’s employees is made possible through the generosity of the St. Anthony’s Medical Center Foundation Board of Directors.
- dependent of full time or regular part time employees of St. Anthony’s Medical Center
- high school senior
- academic excellence as shown on a transcript of high school work through the seventh semester and the results of either the ACT or SAT. Students with at least a 3.5 cumulative grade point average (on a four point scale) may apply.
- enrollment at an accredited four year Missouri college or university, the University of Illinois or Southern Illinois University
Employees of St. Anthony’s Medical Center are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of
- past academic performance and potential for continued success,
- the quality of the essay, and
- the strength of the recommendations.
- Preference will be given to those academically qualified applicants who also demonstrate the St. Anthony values of “excellence through teamwork and mutual respect” as well as “compassion and respect for all persons.”
Selection of the recipients will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the school, and those who write letters of recommendation. Scholarship awards will be sent to the award recipient’s college in August.
Eligible students may apply for both this scholarship and the SAMC Norbert Siegfried Scholarship for Sons & Daughters of Employees but may only be awarded one scholarship. *
Each applicant will be notified by mail of his or her status in the competition by early June. Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend a reception in their honor.
The St. Anthony’s Medical Center Foundation Academic Excellence Scholarship program is administered by the St. Louis Community Foundation. All selection and award decisions are the responsibility of the Community Foundation.
Questions? Contact Michelle Jost, Manager of Education at St. Anthony’s at 314.525.1252 or Tameka Herrion, Scholarship Manager at the St. Louis Community Foundation, at 314.880-4960, or email@example.com.
The St. Anthony’s Medical Center Scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.