Officer Blake Snyder Memorial Scholarship
St. Louis Youth Sports Outreach will award scholarships to students from Ritenour High School, Pattonville High School, and Troy Buchanan High School. The seniors who achieve the highest cumulative scores from the selection process will be awarded. Officer Blake Snyder was a St Louis County police office shot and killed while on duty in 2016. The scholarship is in his memory and his widow Elizabeth participates in the scholarship selection process.
All applicants who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, you must:
• Be in your senior year of high school at Pattonville High School, Ritenour High School, Troy Buchanan High School
• Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
• Be accepted to an accredited college or university and planning to attend full-time (at least 12 credit hours per semester)
• Be interested in an athletic related profession or participated in athletics during High School
A review committee will read and score all applications. The scoring system with points possible for each component is as follows:
• Component One – Complete and accurate application (5 points)
• Component Two – Content of Application (20 points)
• Component Three – Essay (40 points)
• Component Four – Transcripts (15 points)
Note: The Board Members may request additional information or a formal interview.
The award candidate should be notified prior to the end of 2019-2020 school year.
All replies, applications, score sheets and deliberations will be held in strictest confidence by the Foundation and will not be shared with any party including the applicant.
All decisions of the Foundation Board are made in the sole discretion of the Board and are final. Explanations are not considered appropriate and appeals will not be considered.
Scholarships are not awarded and applicants are not discriminated against based on gender, race, religion or national origin.
Once the Board Members have identified and selected the award candidates, your school will be notified.
Once an award candidate has been notified, the Board of Directors of STL Youth Sports Outreach will process the payment paperwork. The scholarship will be paid in two installments – one for fall semester and one for spring semester. Students must provide grades from first semester to receive their second scholarship check. Checks will be paid to the college or university. In rare instances, the check may be made payable to the student or the student’s parents. Prior to distribution, the award candidates will be required to provide proof of acceptance and admission to their respective college or university together with any other information deemed necessary by the Board.
Questions? email email@example.com