Andrew B. Craig Family Jasper School Scholarship
The Andrew B. Craig Family Jasper School Scholarship is open to graduating seniors of Jasper-Troupsburg High School who will demonstrate financial need as full time students at a regionally accredited four year college or university. Students attending a two-year college after high school who have a plan to continue their education at a four-year school will be considered. One $6,000 scholarship will be awarded as well as the possibility of one $4,000 scholarship. The recipient may reapply for additional scholarship consideration for a maximum of four years of funding provided they continue to meet eligibility requirements.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- be a graduating senior at Jasper-Troupsburg High School
- plan to enroll full time in an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university. Students who plan to initially attend a two-year college and later continue studies for a Bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
- demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by standard methods of need analysis in practice at the time of selection. In general, unmet financial need will be defined as the difference between the cost of attendance and the sum of the family’s contribution and the student’s grant aid from other sources.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of:
- essays that articulate drive and ambition and explains how their planned major will impact their future career.
- extracurricular and community involvement, including work experience, that demonstrates leadership potential.
- transcript that demonstrate pasts success and potential degree completion.
- financial need.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
Recipients may reapply for award consideration for a maximum of four years of undergraduate funding provided they continue to make satisfactory progress toward a degree and continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
Applications will be evaluated by the St. Louis Community Foundation on the basis of past academic performance, potential for continued success, and the quality of the essay and recommendations. In consultation with the Andrew B. Craig Family Jasper School Scholarship Advisors, selection of the recipients and the scholarship amount will be determined by the St. Louis Community Foundation from information provided by the applicant, the school, the applicant’s family and the post secondary institution. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please answer all questions that apply to you, even if they are not marked “required.”
The recipient of the Andrew B. Craig Family Jasper School Scholarship will be announced at Graduation in June.
Questions? Contact Ellen Vietor, Scholarship Manager, at 314.880.4960 or email@example.com
The Andrew B. Craig Family Jasper School Scholarship program, as a component fund of the St. Louis Community Foundation, does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, gender, age, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability.